As part of Banque Libano-Française commitment and continuous efforts to comply with BDL Circular N° 144 “Prevention of cybercrime” requirements, here are 10 preventive steps for you to follow during your banking operations:
- Use at least two e-mail accounts: one dedicated to your bank transfers (this account should not be mentioned on your business card) and the other dedicated to the use on social networking sites.
- Do not reply to the e-mails you receive by clicking on the "Reply" option.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple e-mail accounts and online sites.
- Pay attention to the e-mails you receive with suspicious suffixed attachments (i.e. «.exe», «.cox», «.com», «.dll», «.scr», «.pif», «.shs », «.dif», «.vbs», «.bat»), because they may likely contain malicious programs.
- Regularly update the web browser software used on your electronic devices.
- Use genuine anti-virus software and update it permanently.
- Enable a 2- factor authentication on your public e-mail account.
- Avoid checking your e-mails and accessing financial websites (such as the e-banking or the financial mobile application) when you are connected to public WIFI networks.
- If possible, keep your e-mail history stored for at least 3 months.
- Be suspicious of all e-mail messages in which you are asked to make real-time transfers.