Employment at Banque Libano-Française has been on a significant upward trend over the last seven years. The number of employees reached 1,262 by the end of December 2017. This is mainly due to the Bank expansion strategy in Lebanon.
At the same time, figures show that the average age decreased from 40.56 years old in 2009 to 38.03 years old in 2017 due to the recruitment of younger employees.
Along with the decrease in the average age and increase of the total staff, the evolution of female number has remarkably increased during the last 7 years. In view of the fact that gender equality in composition and staffing is as a key element in BLF Human Resources approach, the total number of female employees grew to reach 56.97% of the Bank staff at the end of 2017.
In addition to the employees' growth based on a gender equality policy, the Bank team is comprised of highly skilled individuals, most of whom have a successful academic and professional track record.
The latest figures of the education level at Banque Libano-Française show an increase in recruiting highly educated staff, as the Human Resources Division constantly strives to attract, motivate, and retain a talented workforce.
BLF Training Academy organizes internal and external trainings in accordance with the Bank’s directives and strategic objectives.
The trainings aim to:
- Equip the Bank’s employees with the necessary specific and global professional skills, in order to optimize the Bank’s productivity and realize its goals.
- Deliver trainings following a learning curriculum that takes into consideration the skills required for the Bank’s diverse functions and responsibilities.
- Ensure ongoing trainings related to technological, regulatory and managerial trends in the banking field.
- Foster the personal development and capabilities of the employees and managers.
- Pay special attention and set all adequate trainings to reinforce the integration, loyalty and sense of belonging of all new recruits.
A total of 46,500 hours of training (+9% since 2016) were delivered in 2017, amounting to more than 6 days per employee.
BLF Training Academy plays an increasingly important role in preparing the employees to optimize their performance. It assesses employees according to the trainings delivered to them, and measures the impact of these trainings on their behavior and productivity, using appropriate tools and mechanisms.