These loans are provided for productive projects in tourism, agriculture, industry, traditional crafts and high technology sectors.
- financing up to 80% of the project cost (productive projects in the tourism, agriculture, industry, traditional crafts and high technology fields),
- purchase of equipment and capital goods (these can be new or used),
- plant renovation, expansion, etc.,
- purchase of raw materials, spare parts, and working capital, and consulting fees,
- construction costs (however, the loan should not be exclusively used to cover construction costs),
- marketing promotion activities, such as participation in show rooms, foreign exhibitions, etc.,
- research and development,
- other strategic objectives that serve the interest of SMEs and start-ups
- guarantee: Kafalat guarantees up to 85% of the loan amount. This program has been launched after European Union support through a Subsidy of 4 Million Euro.
- loan amount: from LBP 4 million to LBP 600 million,
- loan period: up to 7 years,
- grace period: from 6 to 12 months,
- interest rate: 40% of the 1-year Lebanese Treasury Bills Yield (TBY's) + 3%,
- interest rates subsidized by the Central Bank: up to 4.5% over a maximum period of 7 years,
- Kafalat commission: a yearly 2.5% of the value of the guarantee + 3‰ fiscal stamps (a fee that is charged once),
- client contribution: minimum of 30% (start-up) and 20% (existing company),
- other conditions: debt ratio/equity less or equal to 30%.
- beneficiaries: capital companies (SAL, SARL) or cooperatives registered in Lebanon as profit-making enterprises,
- personal equity/final debt ratio should be more or equal to 30%,
- refinancing is not allowed,
- real estate is excluded,
- the business activity has to take place in Lebanon.