Banque Libano-Française provides general investment banking services, including acting as arranger in loan syndications (generally when the bank acts as lead lender and agent bank), acting as arranger and placement agent in connection with the issuance of fixed and floating-rate bonds and structuring and managing shares and rights issues for corporate clients. Transactions in which the bank had an investment banking role include:
- the arrangement of syndicated loans for the Moevenpick Hotel & Resort
- infrastructure project financings for La Marina, Projet Littoral Nord de Beyrouth and the Beddawi and Zahrani power plants
- offerings of debt capital markets products for Société des Ciments Libanais S.A.L. and Casino du Liban
- the structuring of Islamic compliant transactions for Islamic banks
- through its advisory desk (“LFF”), the Bank acted as arranger and placement agent for the issuance of its preferred shares
The bank also structures sophisticated investment products that are offered to both retail and private clients. It also advises and structures hedging solutions to its corporate clients. The bank has proprietary trading activities in Lebanese and International Bonds as well as in foreign currencies.
Since 1996, the bank has managed and arranged transactions with an aggregate value of around USD 2 billion.