Banque Libano-Française Educational Loan for University Students helps you finance your studies. With BLF, education becomes a long-term investment that makes you fulfill your ambitions.
- financing 100% of university tuition fees with the possibility to include accommodation/stay expenses if the university is established abroad,
- loan granted starting the first year of studies or any other year,
- currency: USD,
- interest rate applicable: variable and based on the Beirut Reference Rate*,
- quarterly settlement of the interests during studies and during the one-year grace period,
- maximum loan amount: USD 130,000,
- loan period: maximum 18 years covering:
- up to 7 years of studies,
- 1 year grace period, after graduation,
- up to 10 years repayment period,
- no file fees,
- tuition fees are settled by the Bank directly to the university by bank check or bank transfer upon presentation of the tuition fees statement,
- guarantees: free life insurance in favor of the Bank, on a case-by-case basis according to the client's profile.
*Issued by the Association of Banks in Lebanon on a quarterly basis
Loan additional advantages
- free revolving credit card with a monthly limit of USD 3,000 or more (on a case-by-case basis).
For an 18-year-old student financing his 4-year studies thanks to an Educational Loan* of USD 30,000 over a period of 10 years, the repayment is made through equal monthly installments of USD 197 during the years of studies and the 1-year grace period after graduation, then USD 606 over the 5 remaining years following the grace period, at an Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 8.26% (including interest, life insurance premium and fiscal stamps).
Conditions apply as at 23/09/2013 and are subject to variation.
* Subject to pre-study and approval of the application
Applicant's eligibility criteria
- nationality: Lebanese,
- student's age: 18 - 28,
- applicant/guarantor's age: 21 - 64 (at loan submission),
- occupation: the applicant/guarantor should be:
- an employee with a steady job and income for more than 18 months,
- a self-employed with a minimum 3-year work experience in the same field.
- minimum required monthly income:
- LBP 1,200,000 or the counter value in USD for employees,
- LBP 2,500,000 or the counter value in USD for self-employed.
- monthly payments: maximum 33% of the monthly income for employees and self-employed.
Every credit facility is an engagement and must be reimbursed. Check your repayment capacities before you apply.
To submit your loan application, learn more about our loan eligibility requirements and requested documents, visit the nearest BLF branch where our customer advisors will be pleased to share with you a customized simulation, including your Annual Percentage Rate - APR based on your profile and selected financing terms.